Monday 27 February 2012

To veg or not to veg

So the week is up but have I turned into a hippy yet. Not yet but I am running with this a little bit longer.

Why?                     
Well first off it’s not been too bad it requires a bit of manoeuvring and will power but I’ve managed it. Secondly a week probably isn’t long enough to see any decent effects on the body or overall well being.

Have I noticed any differences?
Well the first couple of days I did seem to be quite hungry but as I mentioned that may not be to do with the veggie diet. This rest of the week has been fine if not a little bit in the air on a personal level.

I did wonder if my training would be affected but no I seemed to be functioning relatively well I have cut down on the running because of knee trouble so I haven’t put my body through as much as usual.
I do feel I have trimmed up a bit and I’ve defiantly lost weight as I’m down about 5lbs but the last time I weighed before that was about 3 weeks ago so not a true reading. On top of that despite hitting the gym with a few decent sessions my measurements haven’t changed and may be a fraction on the slide so will have to keep an eye on that.

Pro and cons
I’m finding I’m waking up a bit more alertly in the mornings so that could be a bit of an improvement.

It’s good to be able to create meals straight from the cupboard and fridge. However I do find it a little bit limiting at the same time because I just like to cook so doing a veggie means I have to look at alternatives to my free flowing spirit ;)
It’s also been quite good for discovering new recipes as on Sunday I knocked up a mung bean and paneer curry.

I also battled with temptation and difficult times this week. I had to rush out on Friday night hence the grab stuff kind of meal plus on the way home I had to fetch the good wife a chicken kebab...I gave in I had a tomato covered in burger sauce.
I’m still off the booze and this has been one of those testing weeks which I could quite of easily gone f*** it got drunk and polish a tub of fried chicken but I feel I’ve hit an ultra disciplined zone at the moment.
I’ve also realised how much I eat meat, the other day it suddenly dawned on me that I possible don’t even go a day without it or certainly never past 2 so this is quite an achievement at the moment.

Anyway here’s a break of the remaining week

Thur
Fri
Sat
Sun
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs and toast
Slice of banana protein bread & 2 boiled eggs
Scrambled eggs and baked beans
Boiled eggs and soldiers (classic)
Lunch
Mozzarella & Homemade Mackerel pate, pitta and salad
Mozzarella plus salad and flapjack
Small cheese wrap and Chunk of banana protein bread
½ cheese wrap & ½ a seaford stick wrap
Dinner
Quorn sausage stew
Bolied egg, 2 table spoons of mackerel pate, lump of cheese,crisps (I know)
Fish, oven chips, beans and peas (shop bought so lowest calorie, chips skins on)
Mung bean and panner curry with brown rice
Snacks
Handful of mixed nuts, 2 shape 0% yogurts, Protein shake
Handful of mixed nuts, apple, Protein shake
banana
Cake, boiled egg
Pre/Post workouts
Protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment