Thursday 1 March 2012

Happy St David’s Day

I am a proud welsh man but will be doing my celebrating on Sunday.
I have football tonight so that interrupts my dinner plans but those of you whole wish to indulge in some welsh cuisine I have some recipes for you.

First one I’m giving you the link for after all there’s no point recreating the wheel.

It’s a recipe for Anglesey Eggs by the hairy bikers for one of their shows and at the moment it’s my favourite cooking program so check it
 
Now most welsh recipes will include Lamb but in days gone by, meals would have been revolved around the pig due to cost.

I’m going to stay away from the lamb recipes and give you 2 of the easiest to do.
Rarebit
Rough guide

  • Enough cheese to cover your toast (depending on how much your making)
  • Melt that down in a sauce pan and then add a splash of milk for each piece of toast to cover.
  • Teaspoon of mustard for each 2 pieces of toast
  • Teaspoon of Worcester sauce for each 2 pieces of toast
  • Splash of beer if you like and spoonful of flour to thickening
  • Then pour on to the toast
 
The next one is laverbread with oats now I know laverbread may not be everyone’s cup of tea but its so good for you.
Its low in fat, high in protein and loaded with nutrients so give this a go.

If you can get fresh laverbread than great but if not its likely to come in a 120g tin.
Simply add about 100g of oatmeal to the laverbread and mix together.

Pinch of salt and pepper to taste and form the mixture into pattys
Then chill for while you fry up some bacon in a pan

Pop in the laverbread in the bacon fat and cook until the outside is crispy

Serve with bacon and eggs

A bit of a rough post but you get the jist

Iechyd da

No comments:

Post a Comment