Saturday 18 February 2012

Must do better

Training has been a bit on and off at the moment.

Just over 3 weeks ago my good wife had to go in to hospital to have her anterior cruciate ligament repaired.

So with a combination of hospital trips and lunch time journeys home to check on the patience things have been a little in the air.

I’ve started to get on it again over the last couple of weeks.
 
My biggest problem at the moment is the balancing act between gym work / muscle building and my cardio work.


I play football every week which will have an impact and now I’ve started training for my half marathon.

A good friend has meet me the last 2 Saturdays to go for runs as I’ve had a break in the football fixtures.

Last week I was planning on a treadmill run straight after work on Saturday mainly because of the snow and ice. Now I quite like running in the snow but you not going to be setting any PB’s and with more ice about I decided I’d get more from the treadmill.

In the end I went for the run in the snow and I’m glad I did. I think that gives me a good article to right about next time treadmills vs the great outdoors.

We did just over 7 miles and it took us just over an hour.

I know nothing to write home about but considering the snow and anyone who knows High Wycombe will know it’s quite hilly round these parts.

I normally love my hill runs but I must concede on this occasion my friend ran me into the ground.
 
Surprisingly I didn’t have too many aches and pains after that but that’s what the right nutrition does for you.

I've also started using an app for my iphone which helps me record workouts and do challenges it does help so check it at www.fleetly.com

Maybe join me in some of the challeanges 36,500 Push-ups in 2012 and 100 Mile Running Challenge - 2012, if you feeling brave enough.

Bye for now
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment