Sunday 4 March 2012

Experiment time is up

Well there you go that’s almost 2 weeks and I’m happy with that.

I just wanted to highlight a good reason to doing something like this and one of the reasons I did.
I’ve read plenty of articles that stated that 80% of people who took this supplement gained 2lbs of muscle in a week.

7 in 10 people who ate this first thing in the morning loss on average 2 lbs a week.
My point being that 20% didn’t get the same gain and 3 out of 10 didn't loss the weight so even if the majority get these benefits not everyone does.

Therefore you need to try things out and experiment for yourself to see what works for you. So I have

The Experiment

I officially stopped being a veggie on Saturday so a total of 12 days which is a long time for me.

Overall I dont feel hugely different as mentioned before I feel like I'm waking more alertly in the mornings. I have noticed a decrease in a sort of belly ache feeling I used to get in the afternoons.
I do think the most significant thing has been the losing weight and feeling trimmer.

I didn't feel there was a big effect on my training apart from my waist shrinking but I didn't make any other gains in terms of size.
I did struggle on a few occasions with hunger but they may have not all been down to the veggie diet.

I must admit I've have kind of enjoyed it and feel I've rediscovered a couple of things.
I've broadened my recipe repertoire and I've even enjoyed the discipline / challenge side of it by sticking to certain foods.
I'd imagine its similar to those who have to eat certain foods for there beliefs and those that have serious health risks.

Most importantly I think I've got something out of this and will be taking the lessons I've learnt forward with me.

Here's a break down of the rest of the week

 
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thur
Fri
Breakfast
Slice of banana protein bread & 2 boiled eggs
Slice of toast with peanut butter & 2 boiled eggs
Porridge & 2 boiled eggs
Rarebit on wholemeal toast & 2 boiled eggs
Scrambled eggs on toast
Lunch
Mozzarella & Homemade Mackerel pate, salad and banana
Mung bean & paneer curry with brown rice
Teriyaki salmon with sesame seeds, brown rice & salad
Quorn goan curry, salad and half a wrap
Quorn moussaka, veg & onion rings
Dinner
Teriyaki salmon with sesame seeds greens beans, stir-fry kale, spring onions, ginger, garlic & chllii
Quorn goan curry with homemade garlic naans
Grilled halloumi, roasted veg and salad.
Chunk of protein banana bread with peanut butter and half a tin of tomato soup
3 bean burritos, salsa, guacamole and salad
Snacks
Handful of mixed nuts, shape 0% yogurts, apple, boiled egg
Handful of mixed nuts, apple, Protein shake, 2 shape 0% yogurts, banana, cereal bar
Handful of mixed nuts, apple, Protein shake, 2 shape 0% yogurts, banana
Handful of mixed nuts, apple, banana, cereal bar, Protein shake
Handful of mixed nuts, apple, Protein shake
Pre/Post workouts
Protein shake
Protein shake
Protein shake


Bye for now

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment