Friday 20 January 2012

Over due update

I meant to do this update at the start of the week but real life gets in the way sometimes.
This is just a quick update. So Monday I did weigh myself to see if anything has changed and yes I managed to shift 3 ½ lbs that’s not too shabby even if I say so myself.
The beauty about that was I didnt diet just ate sensibly and did plenty of exercise, bit of a no brainer really.
It does make me laugh when you see the latest diet plan or exercise fad, what worked for people a 100 years ago would still work today. Muscles and calories haven’t really changed you challenge your muscles they’ll grow, if you eat less calories you’ll lose weight.
Lets have a little break down of the week
Monday - I did a strength session, working the chest on a chest press doing 8, 6 and 4 reps while increasing the weight. I also supersetted with dumb bell chest flys and then did 10 x 10 on a leg press. I only really do 20-25 minute session as I go to the gym in my lunch break.
Tuesday - I did a circuit of various exercises but must admit can’t remember what I did.
Wednesday - I did some dead lifts 8 reps x 4 sets with some pull ups 10 reps x 4 sets.
Thursday - I tried doing my own crossfit session but can now see the dangers of it although tiring and I can see the benefits. I found that it did give me a bit of a strain so will have to be careful with that one.
Friday - day of rest
Saturday - I had a football match.
Sunday - took the step daughter out for a run (she’s a little unfit). We did a jog followed by some shuttle runs to cover just over 2 miles. I then went for an extra run myself, just tagged on another 2.5 miles.
So it appears to have worked but the measurements will be a good indication of any gains.
I think I have to get my workouts a little more structured which is what I’m planning on doing.
I plan to do these fortnightly. So watch this space and see if you can keep fit as well as making muscle gains.
Oh I have also booked my first event of the year a half marathon in Marlow, Bucks on the 25th March.
Bye for now
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment