Tuesday 10 January 2012

All aboard the band wagon...


Well its almost been a year since I last posted and it’s about time I did another one ;)

I’m going to make more of an effort now I promise it’s a resolution per se more of a plan of action.

So what’s new?

Nothing I’m afraid I’m following the sheep and jumping on the band wagon. That’s right I’m using the New Year as a catalyst to get myself back in shape.

I freely admit I’m one of these people who likes to down tools and over indulge over the xmas period so I have.
I don’t normally bother with weighing myself and generally concentrate on my body shape for a guide but we had a bit of fun in the office.
We recorded before xmas roughly first week of December how much we weighed and upon my return I’d lumped on 6 pounds. I have to confess I knew I’d gained but 6 pounds has to be a record for me.

My biggest problem apart from the beer, generally over eating and more beer was I had a 2 week spell where I just craved everything. Either I was pregnant or the SAD effect had kicked in to over drive. I wanted doner meat n chips with burger sauce, pizza specifically dominos, KFC (although I always want that) and I even had my first McDonalds meal for about 2 years.
What was worse was that if I didn’t get exactly what I wanted I’d go back for it another time.
For example I got a kebab they forgot the burger sauce so on another occasion I had to go back and get one with the sauce.

Anyway let’s move forward.

So what’s the plan?

Pretty obvious stuff really cut out the takeaways, cut the calories and get back in the gym.

In more detail I will be looking to
  • Up my fish intake (swapping for some of those meats)
  • Cut down on carbs particularly in the evenings
  • Drinking plenty of water and back on the green tea to help with the slimming effects
  • Running with the dog instead of walking
  • 3 x weight/strength sessions a week
  • 3 x cardio or cross training sessions
So I think thats enough to kick off with and it always helps to give yourself a target.

My first one would be to shave off a bit of weight not too worried about that because of the weight training I may keep some of that. I certainly know from playing footie on Saturday I'm not as fit so may target a 5 mile run and see what time I can do.

With regards to this blog watch my progress, I'll get a starting photo up along with measurements.

Also I love cooking so will be posting recipes and other little tid bits.

Bye for now

Simon



No comments:

Post a Comment