Friday 13 January 2012

Goals, Targets, and everything else

This is an overview of where I'm at, what I'm doing and going to do.
Nothing too exciting just painting the picture oh and I have included a picture of me at the start.

Here's my current Measurements as of the 9th January.
 
Chest = 38"
Waist = 33.5"
Bicep = 13.5"
Thigh = 21"
 
Targets
 
Physic
  • Bigger chest, arms and thighs.
  • Lose a little around the waist and maybe shave a bit off the weight.
Events
  • Half marathon haven’t done one for over a couple of years
  • Tough Guy or Tough Mudder event, great fun long overdue doing one of these.
  • Triathlon, keep meaning to do one time to get the finger out
Workouts
 
I’m always chopping and changing my work outs as I get bored easy.
 
However I always have my go to exercises such as
  • Military press for shoulders
  • Pull Ups for back
  • Bench press or chest press supersetted with chest flys for chest
  • Deadlifts for all round
  • Squats or Leg press for quads
Diet
  
As stated before I’m keeping it simple and sensible.
  • Aim to keep protein intake to fish, poultry, eggs, maybe some pork and even tofu.
  • Increase water/fluid intake including more green tea
  • Always eat a decent breakfast try to restrict carbs in the evening.
  • Consume high protein meals.
I take supplements as well, some to help with the muscle growth and others for general well being.  I’ve pretty much always taking my protein powders to backup my workouts but I’ve started to add creatine monohydrate (to improve strength, growth & recovery) and guarana (for that extra kick). I also have essential amino acids (recover quicker) but last time I took them all together it sent me all peculiar (light head, felt sick). I cut guarana still got it, cut out creatine still got it, cut out the amino acids and was ok. I will be testing on its own to see if this is the culprit.
  
I take vitamin C, omega 3, 6 & 9, CLA (weight management) and shot of spirulina (packed full of goodness).
I’m looking to book one of the events I’ve mentioned by the weekend as its the best way to get yourself training, having an event or competition coming up.
 
Bye for now
 
Simon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment