Tuesday 18 January 2011

It’s that time of year again…

Where every man and his dog are on diets, trying to get back into shape and generally improve their health.
Generally I don’t follow this trend as throughout the year I exercise regularly and eat well (baring one or two days a week). Well maybe just a little extra running to shave off the booze and turkey.
However this year has been different
For the first time I’m joining the masses to get myself back into shape. You see before Christmas I had a bad ankle sprain way back at the start of November.
As I write this I’ve just realised that the last couple of days are the first ones I have had with no twinges since injuring myself.
So I hadn’t done any sort of training or exercise over a 2 month period until the 2nd January.
Now if I’m honest I could have done some upper body work outs but I have to admit the injury allowed me an excuse to slip in to a lazy period. The dark days and cold weather (SAD effect) probably helped me adopt this new approach a lot easier.
Anyway as some of you may have noticed Christmas was also upon us so I did indulge a little.
I very rarely weigh myself as I’m not too concerned about my weight generally I just look at my physique and I can tell if I’m putting on a few pounds. Yes I did start to notice my shape change come the end of the xmas period so I’m jumping on to the same bandwagon as everyone else.
Back in the groove
So first step back in the gym, nice simple circuit
• Warm up
• 10 clap press ups
• 10 leg presses
• 10 chest presses
• 30 second plank on gym balls
• 10 pull ups
• 10 dips
• 10 chin ups
• 10 floor leg raises
• 10 lat pull downs
• 10 Seated Leg Curls
Do the full set 3 times through excluding the warm up.
Then finish with a 500m row as fast as we can. Done, dusted, tired
In all honesty we may not be able to complete the 10 reps of every exercise but that’s our aim.
I generally don’t do the diet thing but I’ll will be cutting back on the alcohol and fatty foods. At the same time upping my intake of veg, eggs, water and green tea.
Let’s get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment